AirPro Diagnostics wants the integration into your process to be as seamless as possible. Below we have provided proven methods for a successful integration.
In the Box
- The AirPro will come with a Micro USB or Laptop style charger.
- Please plug the charger in and place it by the WiFi router or modem.
Powering the AirPro on
- Locate the power button on the top left corner next to the bigger Volume button.
- Hold the power button for 5 seconds and release with a flick or hold until it turns on.
Connecting to WiFi
- To connect to WiFi swipe up on the screen then tap the WiFi icon at the bottom right.
- Then select your network from the list and enter your network password.
Connecting the AirPro for a Scan:
- Turn on tablet then plug into DLC port.
- Please contact us at (904) 717-1711 option 1 so we can run some initial WiFi setup tests.
- Once tests have passed then we will let you know to contact your sales rep for the demo.
Charging the AirPro
- To charge the AirPro power the unit off for 45 seconds and then connect the charger.
- Once the orange light starts blinking it is charging.
- The AirPro will also receive charge when connected to the vehicle.
- Please try to keep the AirPro charges as in low power mode could extend scan times.
- Connect AirPro to charger at close of business to charge overnight but not on weekends.
Determining the best scan location
- Cell Phone or Tablet – Download the SpeedTest.net app from the Apple or Google Play store
- Laptop – go to speedtest.net on a web browser
- Connect your device to the same WiFi network that the AirPro will be using for scans
- Using the app or website test the location(s) where you anticipate the vehicle(s) will be scanned.
- We require at least 10MBs internet download & 4MBs up from inside the vehicle where the AirPro will be
- Heavy traffic on the same network could potentially increase scan times or decrease bandwidth below our minimums to perform a scan.
- In this case, we suggest installing an additional router specifically for the AirPro or using QOS to create allocations.
Technician & IT Contact Information: (904) 717-1711 Option # 1